This week of holiday posts has been a lot of fun, but I’ve missed posting actual outfits! So today, I thought I would share some cute Christmas party outfits and provide links to other fun items out there that you can add to your closet – just in time for the holidays!
Note to readers: Ignore my hair. It is a hot mess.
The Office Party (During Office Hours)
An office party can be a tough one to dress for. You want to look interested and professional. Festive, yet conservative. I love the look of the lime green cardigan here with basic black pieces. The lime green is festive, but the black tones it down a bit. The statement necklace and leopard shoes add some fun to this otherwise boring outfit.
Find other great office party pieces here:
- I Heart Ronson Fair Isle Sweater available at JCPenny here – I think this Fair Isle trend is super fun and festive, and with just a touch of red, it is dying to attend a holiday party somewhere.
- INC International Concepts Top, Long-sleeve Rhinestone Button Ruched Metallic in liquid gold available at Macy’s here – I love the liquid gold color of this top. Paired with a suit jacket, this could look really festive, yet really professional.
- J.Crew Cashmere tee dress in dark poppy available here – This is a little outside of my price range, but wowza! This dress is beautiful! I love everything about it!
Casual Party with Friends
I love the hot pink with silver here. It isn’t overly Chrismas-y, but I think it looks pretty festive. This is a great outfit for a party with friends on a cool night. I also absolutely love the sparkly black belt. I can’t remember where I got it, but I wear it a lot these days. It’s so fun! But it isn’t over the top. I’ve even worn it to work a few times.
Funny story about this pink and silver outfit: I was at home getting ready for a Christmas party, and Hubs was meeting me later. I sent him a text and told him I looked like a rock star. His response when he saw the outfit in person? He said I looked like Mr. Rogers. Haha! That man makes me laugh out loud! 🙂
To me, this outfit falls somewhere in between casual and dressy. I love the silver lace top. I’ve always wanted to wear it to a Christmas party (it’s pretty old), and this year, I finally had my chance. It was the perfect piece to wear to a couples party we attended.
And before you ask, Hubs did not think I looked like Mr. Rogers at this party. 🙂
Here are some great pieces that work for casual Christmas parties:
- Guess Brittney Vibrant Colored Red Hot Skinny Jeans available at Carson’s here – Red jeans are really in right now. Wear them to a Christmas party and be super trendy and super festive!
- Kristen Black Belted Faux Fur Vest available at Nordstrom here – Faux fur vests are another big trend right now. Show up to your holiday party in style, not to mention warm! (also available in petite sizes)
- Express Crochet and Sequin Tank available here – This might be my favorite find this week! And for less than $30, how can you resist? Combined with the right pieces, this look could be dressy or casual, Christmas-y or not! Check it out!
I didn’t go to any dressy parties this year. It’s actually a lifelong dream of mine that has yet to be fulfilled. Did you go to any dressy parties? What did you wear?
Will you be adding any of these great party looks to your closet?