This week’s winter wear posts focused on hats and gloves! Do you remember what we call winter hats in the South? Knuckles to those of you who do! 🙂
So here is what I found around the Internet this week…
- The North Face Women’s Fuzzy Earflap Beanie available here
- Nine West Hat, Wool Blend Captain Trooper available at Macy’s here
- Merona Felt Cloche available at Target here
*One key I’ve found to buying a winter cap is looking closely at the inside of the cap. For example, those that have fleece (or other warm) lining around the ears keep me warmer than those without. Also, I always make sure my ears will be covered. Hats with earflaps are cute, but I want to make sure they will stay down over my ears in the wind. Just a few things I’ve learned…
A friend on Facebook mentioned that she sometimes has a hard time finding hats that fit over her hair. There are lots of cute hat alternatives. Here are a few I’ve found.
- Nine West Textured Hood available at Macy’s here
- Ugg Ultra Headband available at Zappo’s here
- 180s Vintage Ear-Warmers available at REI here
- L.L. Bean Cashmere-lined Leather Gloves available here
- Echo Design Ruched Touch Gloves available at Zappo’s here (works with touch screen)
- SmartWool Cozy Mittens available at REI here
The hubs says mittens keep your hands warmer than gloves. I will take him at his word. I don’t currently own any mittens to compare my gloves to.
Will you be adding any new winter wear to your closet?